Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pick Yourself Up.

Well, it's been a drunken few months since I last posted. I would have a few weeks of sobriety here and there, and really started convincing myself I can control this. I can't.

I think about all of the embarrassing things I've done that I can't remember. Relationships I've strained, people I've offended and hurt.. And I want to crawl in a hole. I feel like a failure at all things life. My husband is very angry with me, rightly so, and I've finally said out loud to him that I can't control myself around alcohol and I shouldn't work at our bar anymore. I know, I'm a real genius for putting myself behind the bar as the keeper of the booze when I could easily drink myself to death, but clarity is fleeting when you're hammered.

So, one day down. The rest to go.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. You will see how many times I've tried and failed to give up drinking; it is hard. I'm only on Day 10 this time round, but I'm more determined this time, using the blog, writing posts often, reaching out. I see that you've got Tired of Thinking About Drinking blog on your blog list: have you tried the 100 day challenge? I'm doing it, and the daily accountability is helpful. Don't give up; there are lots of people in this sober blogging world who can help you, me included. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being here. It's so hard to convince yourself you want to live when all you really want to do is crawl in a hole and die. I was on the list for the 100 Day Challenge,, but when a spot opened up for me, I was too chicken to take the plunge. Plus, my drinking was totes under control!

    I'm so tired of being ashamed of myself.

    ReplyDelete