Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Poison

I love bourbon..... LOVE IT.  I can drink a small barrel like Basil Hayden all night long without slurring a word. I've always been able to get shnockered and keep it together. I will be blacked out, but my voice will be clear and concise.

Today, I was talking to a colleague and mentioned a new bourbon bar down the street from my house, and my mouth started to water... It's like the gray sky of winter cleared out and I could see myself sitting in the hot sun enjoying a Seelbach. This scares the crap out of me. How do I start anew? How do I breakup with one of the loves of my life, even though our relationship is a dysfunctional disaster?

What is even scarier is that my husband thinks I just need discipline.... I don't need to quit entirely, just be disciplined about how I drink..... I don't think he gets it and it really scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment